THE TOURISME & HANDICAP BRAND:
In 2017, the Museum was awarded the “Tourisme & Handicap” (T&H) brand, the only State quality rating awarded to tourism operators committed to a quality approach focused on making facilities and amenities accessible to all. T&H is a brand that identifies establishments that meet the specific needs of tourists with disabilities, whether physical, visual, hearing or mental. For further information, please visit the official website!
The “Tourisme & Handicap” brand defines accessibility and reception criteria to ensure tourism for all with the greatest possible freedom. In particular, it takes account of ease of access to the establishment’s buildings and amenities. It is also considers the personalised welcome offered to tourists in terms of care and attention.
“The “Tourisme & Handicap” brand offers a triple guarantee:
- A quick and easy method for identifying tourist sites with facilities adapted to specific needs with the help of dedicated pictograms;
- Staff that are informed and trained;
- Services that comply with accessibility regulations, verified by specialist inspectors.”
THE QUALITÉ TOURISME BRAND:
The Museum of the Château de Laàs was awarded the “Qualité Tourisme” brand in 2017 for the quality of its welcome and its amenities. Indeed, the Qualité Tourisme™ brand is the only state-guaranteed brand awarded to tourism professionals for the quality of their welcome and amenities. For further information, please visit the official website! !
“To obtain this brand, establishments must meet very precise criteria:
- Subscribe to the Brand’s values and undertake to ensure:
- A heart-warming welcome
- Attentive staff
- Proficiency in foreign languages
- Personalised services
- Clear and precise information
- Cleanliness and comfort
- Discovery of a destination
- Taking into account of the opinions of customers
- Listen to customers’ needs (complaints, satisfaction questionnaire, e-reputation analysis, etc.)
- Be audited on the basis of national standards (between 250 and 600 evaluation criteria) by an external independent firm at regular intervals (every 3 or 5 years)
- Achieve a high level of performance during this audit by a mystery customer (minimum score of 85%)”
THE A.R.B.R.E.S. LABEL :
In 2017, the A.R.B.R.E.S association awarded the gardens of the Museum of the Château de Laàs the “Ensemble arboré remarquable” label, for its many exceptional trees. For further information, please visit the official website!
“This label is awarded to municipalities, local authorities, public bodies and private owners with one or more exceptional trees, that sign a partnership agreement with the association, in particular involving:
- A commitment to maintaining, preserving and promoting the tree in question, considered to be part of the natural and cultural heritage,
- The installation on the site of a board presenting the tree and bearing the association’s logo.”
THE VIEILLES MAISONS FRANÇAISES LABEL:
The Museum of the Château de Laàs was awarded the Vieilles Maisons Françaises (VMF) label in 2019 for its architectural and artistic interest, as well as for the building’s authenticity. Founded in 1958 by Anne de Amodio and recognised as of public utility in 1963, the VMF association has been dedicated to safeguarding and enhancing the built and landscape heritage for over 60 years. For further information, please visit the official website!
THE BÉARN AND BASQUE COUNTRY HISTORY ROUTE
The Museum of the Château de Laàs is also part of the Béarn and Basque Country History Route, a network of 26 castles and sites with which some leading names from past centuries are associated. The history route leads you on a journey through time, from the 12th to the 20th century. It includes a series of public and private monuments and historic towns, all of which are listed or included in the supplementary inventory of historic monuments. These architectural gems showcase the rich heritage and lead visitors on an encounter with the memories and legends that have built the history of the Béarn Pyrenees Basque Country region. Castles and sites can be visited along the way as you follow in the footsteps of Gaston Fébus, Henry IV or Louis XIV. They are often astonishing and are never the same. Get off the beaten track, discover the mysteries of our magnificent homes and meet their occupants who have played a key role in our ancient and contemporary history.